Virtual Farmers Market
Shop Local Honey, Maple Syrup, Preserves, Produce, Poultry, Eggs, Beef & More @ www.kendalhillsfarm.ca
What we've figured out
- No-contact home delivery. All deliveries will be to your front door. Those in apartments & condos will be asked to meet us downstairs. Exceptions for those with mobility or other health concerns.
- Delivery notifications. You get e-mailed (and possibly texted once we get that working) when the Delivery Route is finalized, when we're 15 minutes away and when the food is at your doorstep
- $4.50 delivery charge. We all need to work together to rebuild a localized food supply chain. If you truly can't afford this, then during Checkout, use the code 'Together' and it is removed with no questions asked.
- No minimum delivery. Everyone needs to eat and anyone with limited fridge/freezer space and tight budgets is not going to get penalized.
- No free delivery on large orders. Again, we're in this together.
Delivery Cycles: here's how we think it'll work for each week
- Market is 'restocked' every Thursday at noon with the items that the farmers & producers will have available the following week.
- Customers can place their orders from Thursday at noon to Sunday 11:59PM EST.
- Farmers and producers harvest & prepare the food, bringing their food to Kendal Hills where your order can be packaged.
- Deliveries from Thursday to Sunday.
Regions & days are going to change as more people order and we add more delivery routes. The best way to check if we're delivering to your area is by searching for your postal code in 'Cart'. If delivery isn't available yet, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can hear from you.
There's a lot of support for this and we're working fast to help as many farmers & households as possible.
About the Vendors
The only criteria to be a Vendor with the Virtual Market is that they are the business growing or making the food. Each item in the Market will include information about the Vendor and contact info so you can interact with them, just like you would at a farmers' market.
What we're working through
- Adding even more vendors! (if you know of someone, please have them contact us)
- Adding musicians to the Market. What's a market without music? So that when you get the notice that the delivery is on the way, you can watch some very talented people (who have also lost their income) perform and leave them a tip.
- Adding Kids Activities to the Market. And if music isn't enough to keep the kids entertained while you wait, we'll have some other things to help with your home schooling.
- Streamlining the tech and designing it so that it can be replicated and used by other regions.
- ...and if this continues to work and grow in popularity, we'll be adding more delivery routes.