ONLINE ORDER FAQ
What are pickup/delivery options?
options for pickup/delivery include:
- farm store pickup (Millbrook, ON)
- shipping via Canada Post or UPS (calculated at checkout)
- pickup at Markets by Dream Day location (Pickering, Bowmanville, or Brooklin) for a $2 fee, must select "shipping" at checkout for these options to populate.
- pickup at Modern Makers Market store in Peterborough for a $2 fee, must select "shipping" at checkout for these options to populate.
What are turnaround times for orders?
order turnaround varies by delivery/pickup option:
- farm store pickup (Millbrook, ON): currently 5-7 business days
- shipping: 5-7 business days to ship, after that it is out of our control. we include tracking with every package.
- MBDD pickup: this option will take the longest. we restock MBDD weekly usually on thurs/fri. We will not make special trips to deliver MBDD pickups. Therefore, if you order late friday/early saturday, your order will NOT arrive for pickup until the following thurs/friday. WE WILL SEND AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION WHEN YOUR ORDER IS READY FOR PICKUP.
Where is the farm store located?
Our shop info page is here.
The shop is open 10-4 PM Wed-Sun.
I have ordered online for pickup and am wondering the status?
You will receive an order confirmation WHEN your order is packed + ready for pickup. If you have not received confirmation, your order is NOT ready.
I have ordered online and chosen shipping. Where is my package?
See above for processing times. If you do not have a tracking #, we have not completed/packed your order. You will receive a tracking # once the order is packed on our end. Clicking the tracking # will show the status of delivery with the courier. We cannot control delays with the shipper once it has been picked up from the farm.
Where can I purchase Hunnabees products in person, not at the farm?
Our store locator is here. Each retailer is independent of Hunnabees and stock/selection may vary. For specific requests, please reach out directly to the retailer.
I want to keep bees, where do I start?
At Hunnabees Honey + Co. we take pride in educating about pollinators. We are not here to simply sell bees for profit, we want you to be as educated and prepared to be a beek as possible. As such, we require new beekeepers to either a) sponsor a hive for a year or b) take a series of classes (at minimum, our intro, advanced and pest management class), prior to selling them bees.
We will be updating our resource page to include recommended books, websites and resources we use. Bees are livestock and as a beekeeper, you must be willing to commit to the responsibility and continually be learning and adapting your practices. We ourselves are still learning, practicing and evolving.
If you are looking for more information regarding sponsorships or classes, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer bundle discounts on class series.
When do classes/tours run?
The farm store is currently open, however our tours + classes run May-September. Our list of farm tours can be found here, or you can email email@example.com to book a private/group tour.